Hitting your protein goals might be easier than you think. Try these high protein breakfast ideas for accelerated fat loss.
When any of my clients are having trouble hitting their protein goals, the issue usually lies within their first meal of the day. Breakfast is still considered the most important meal of the day so focusing on a high protein breakfast is not a bad start to crushing your fat loss goals.
Breakfast is often short on protein and rich in carbs.
Switching out the coffee and muffin and tagging in some whole eggs and/or egg whites will not only give you a huge head start on your protein goal. It also provides a ton of other benefits you may be interested in.
- People who skip breakfast tend to store more fat over time than those who eat breakfast.
- The more calories you consume later in the day, the more likely those calories will be converted to fat instead of muscle.
- Those who don’t eat breakfast have a 27% higher risk of heart disease.
- Eating a high protein breakfast helps blunt cravings for sweets.
- A high protein breakfast has a profound effect on energy levels and general hunger throughout the day.
My go-to high protein breakfast:
2-3 whole eggs, 1 cup of egg whites
Pepper, garlic powder, chipotle spice and hot sauce.
This provides about 40g protein, 5g carbs and 15g fat.
By Fitmo Coach Mitch Heaslip
Mitch is going to get you into the best shape of your life! But what’s his secret? Mitch has developed solid methods that work for both men and women in losing weight and building muscle. With his very flexible approach, Mitch can tailor his methods to anyone. When it comes to building strength, muscle, and losing fat, his approach is second to none!